open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

First success

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 First success on Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 11:20

nisma

I have sucessfull run linux on ak7802 notebook.
Currently without bootloader, now i need to hack eboot and then
replace it with uboot.

2 Re: First success on Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 12:01

usr

That's excellent news.
If you need someone to test anything then I'm happy to give it a go as my cnmbook isn't exactly very usable with Win CE. I only got the thing in the hope that I'd be able to put Linux on it.

3 Re: First success on Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 15:30

nsantos

sees the private msg nisma

4 Re: First success on Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 18:23

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling
Nice one, how well did it run? GUI or text only?

5 Re: First success on Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 19:07

nisma

Gui, currently the trick is to install gapi for haret.
I have loose many hours on that before i realize this.
This using CE5, on CE6 you need a custom compiled haret that switch to kernel mode
for the user that have upgradet to win 6.0 or higher.
For haret, ramaddr is 0x30000000 and ramsize 0x4000000 (64M)

6 Re: First success on Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 0:23

zaphod

Youngling
Youngling
Great job nisma. I'm also in for some beta testing, if possible. bounce
Please share a little more of you knowledge, so more people can join in.
For example, which distro did you use ?

Thumbs up and regards,
zaphod

What a Face

7 Re: First success on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 8:51

scordoba

Congratulations nisma (I tried haret without success some weeks ago... )

Please share your knoledge. And If we can help you , please tell us.

Best regards

8 Re: First success on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 13:18

zautner

scordoba wrote:Congratulations nisma (I tried haret without success some weeks ago... )

Please share your knoledge. And If we can help you , please tell us.

Best regards
Yeah, it would be nice to have a detailed explanation on what steps should be done to launch Linux.
BTW, How's the user experience? Are you happier now?

9 Re: First success on Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 16:16

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling
So nisma & radu_moisan post interesting results, then vanish.
Did they brick their machines and then replace with V8500/8505's? we may never know!

I'm getting a V8505 machine soon, it's a shame this site does not deal with all these mini books.
I'll do a bench mark on it in comparison to my Anyka when it gets here, and let you all know.

10 Re: First success on Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 12:14

Intron

Youngling
Youngling
Congratulations!
Maybe this will be a real alternative to win ce! Please tell us how to proceed, so we all can have a profit of it.

GREAT JOB! Very Happy

11 Re: First success on Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 11:20

max_punktezahl

nisma,

I tried haret with your ramsize and ramaddr settings, gapi is also installed (this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No success with VT8505 extracted kernel from abrasive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Which kernel do you use, the easypc linux 2.0 kernel? ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Or a custom kernel?
Which SoC is used in our machines? I think haret is an option to run Linux permanetely, eboot hacking to uboot can be dangerous.

Greetings

Andreas

nisma wrote:Gui, currently the trick is to install gapi for haret.
This using CE5, on CE6 you need a custom compiled haret that switch to kernel mode

12 Re: First success on Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 10:22

16bithovercar

Knight
Knight
nisma wrote:I have sucessfull run linux on ak7802 notebook.
Currently without bootloader, now i need to hack eboot and then
replace it with uboot.

Excellent.

Note, HaRET is a bootloader - ish. Razz Do you have your specs for the netbook you're working on? Alternatively, can you provide the .bin for it before boot? That would be even more helpful as I am looking into a way to load linux on MS's Device emulator. I am thinking it might make flashing easier if it were possible to set it up partially in a more accessible Host machine. Haven't moved to much into that yet though.

Khephren wrote:
Did they brick their machines and then replace with V8500/8505's? we may never know!

I'm getting a V8505 machine soon, it's a shame this site does not deal with all these mini books.
I'll do a bench mark on it in comparison to my Anyka when it gets here, and let you all know.

Are you referencing the the chips (VT850x)? That would be a pain to do, although interesting. I have been reading on the interwebs that many of these boards are designed to easily swap hardware but that is for the distributor more than the personal level. Still I would guess that would take some crazy serious EE skillz.

There exists an excellent thread on the ubuntu forums that discusses the work on those SoCs. Is located here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It should be noted that once the kernel is fully ported and supported, as a user, it shouldn't make too much a difference as they are both ARM architectures. Just './configure && make && make install' anything you need.

13 Re: First success on Mon 13 Sep 2010 - 6:08

DrBob

Andreas,

Not sure if you realize this, but the VT8505 is not the same as the AK7802(which this thread is about). So, I am not surprised if you can't boot an image on the AK7802 meant for the VT8505.

max_punktezahl wrote:nisma,

I tried haret with your ramsize and ramaddr settings, gapi is also installed (this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No success with VT8505 extracted kernel from abrasive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Which kernel do you use, the easypc linux 2.0 kernel? ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Or a custom kernel?
Which SoC is used in our machines? I think haret is an option to run Linux permanetely, eboot hacking to uboot can be dangerous.

Greetings

Andreas

nisma wrote:Gui, currently the trick is to install gapi for haret.

14 Re: First success on Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 12:32

LarcBP

Who this is possible...
i tested the HaRET but no success on Anyka

15 Re: First success on Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 10:30

george128

Hi,
Could anyone please send me kernel patches for ak7802?
What driver support status now? Does LCD and keyboard work?

16 Re: First success on Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 18:56

zaw10

hi,,,,could u pplease tell me how to make a fresh install of linux on ak7802 ??

17 Re: First success on Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 18:06

rosariob1981

You can help me to install linux on ANYKA AK7802TQ21605, i'm italian user, sorry for my very little english.

I use burn tool for restore nad etc...
I have

Version:1.90
Hardware Version:3.0
CPU: ARM 926EJ-S 248MHz
Release SV122
RAM: 128M
Video decode:1

i have tryed sd, usb stick... but nothing,, no boot

Actually the netbook run original wince5 system, but i wont install linux in this little netbook...Help Meeeeeeeeee Wink

Hello, I standby for response Hello... and sorry for my little english.. Shocked

18 Re: First success on Mon 23 May 2011 - 2:37

jarvistang

Android is just starting to be built into tablets and netbook computers. At this point, only phones are really supported - I am running it on my Nexus One phone. I also run Debian Linux on embedded ARM boards I work with. It works on systems with 32-64MB of RAM so your 128M system should work very well. If the system does not have a CD/DVD player, then you should be able to install from a USB thumb drive. You can get the minimal installation disc image from here: Debian -- Network install from a minimal CD and if you don't have a CD reader, then use Unetbootin to create a live USB drive from either Windows or Linux, which you can get from here: UNetbootin, Universal Netboot Installer | Download UNetbootin, Universal Netboot Installer software for free at SourceForge.net

which i find in
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

while, i don't have a linux core,somebody try it.

19 Re: First success Today at 17:51

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum