open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

hi im new here just wanted to say hi

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 hi im new here just wanted to say hi on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 19:13

elpolodiablo

Hi all, i got a CE 5.0 netbook from china too.a gift...its such a terrible thing i can hardly do anything on it, anyway its great that there is a forum for users of this type of netbook. my main problem is that i cant get my broadband usb modem to work..and apparently there is no support anywhere..the linux version supports broadband usb modems i see..my netbook cant even read from a usb flash drive..only can use external mouse n keyboard Evil or Very Mad

2 Re: hi im new here just wanted to say hi on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 9:12

Admin

Knight
Knight
elpolodiablo wrote:my netbook cant even read from a usb flash drive..only can use external mouse n keyboard Evil or Very Mad

are you try rear USB port to read your flash drive?

http://mininetbooks.your-board.com

3 Re: hi im new here just wanted to say hi on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 10:51

elpolodiablo

Admin wrote:
elpolodiablo wrote:my netbook cant even read from a usb flash drive..only can use external mouse n keyboard Evil or Very Mad

My netbook is the older version that only has two side usb ports..my friend has the newer one with rear usb but this one also not all flash usb sticks can read especially large ones..something to do with the limit it can read?..anyway any way to get usb support on my one. Here are pics of the netbook type although this seller claims it can support thumdrive but it cant.thanks for your help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Processor Brand: VIA

-Processor Type: VIA VT8500 (ARM926EJ-S)

-Screen Size: 7 Inches WVGA WIDE-SCREEN

-Operating System: Windows CE
WIFI: 802.11b/g
Battery: 1800MAh (Last time 3 hours)

-RAM Capacity: 128MB DDR2

-Model Number E7006

-Weight: 0.645KGs

-Size: 23.5CM x 16.5CM x 2.64CM

-Color: Yellow[img][/img]

4 Re: hi im new here just wanted to say hi on Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 11:08

elpolodiablo

elpolodiablo wrote:
Admin wrote:

My netbook is the older version that only has two side usb ports..my friend has the newer one with rear usb but this one also not all flash usb sticks can read especially large ones..something to do with the limit it can read?..anyway any way to get usb support on my one. Here are pics of the netbook type although this seller claims it can support thumdrive but it cant.thanks for your help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Processor Brand: VIA

-Processor Type: VIA VT8500 (ARM926EJ-S)

-Screen Size: 7 Inches WVGA WIDE-SCREEN

-Operating System: Windows CE
WIFI: 802.11b/g
Battery: 1800MAh (Last time 3 hours)

-RAM Capacity: 128MB DDR2

-Model Number E7006

-Weight: 0.645KGs

-Size: 23.5CM x 16.5CM x 2.64CM

-Color: Yellow[img][/img]

BTW i would just like to say that despite it's shortcomings this netbook if only it had better support like the linux version say printer and modem drivers , support for flash and updates for video support would be a great bargain but right now i find it almost unbearably limited to use.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum