open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

CnMBOOK 7" Silver Wince Stuck on system initializing

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jade..

ive bought 2 of these mini netbooks and they just say system initializing, please wait... they havent come with any leads but a charger please could somebody help me as they are christmas presents!!
thnaks

Oto

Master
Master
It means that windows partition is bad.

At first you can try these options: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Format flash2, then reboot, if it didn't help, then try to format NAND it could help to restore registry. If the both options didn't help then there is no other option as to reflash the netbook.

Reflash procedure:
1. Need a straight USB cable [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
2. As your netbook is cnmbook then you should use cnmbook repair procedure:http://194.150.201.35/cnmlifestyle/support/downloads/CnMBookCEFirmware.pdf

The charger is 9V and at least 1.5A (1500mA).

Last edited by otoluk on Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 16:17; edited 1 time in total

jade..

i have tried the format things. but format nand just says started and then does nothing?.. is there nothing else i can do these are brand new i dont understand it?..

Oto

Master
Master
Yeah...same for me NAND format never workes. Just reflash them and they will be brand new. The problem why is the "system initializing" error is not known, it seems that some netbooks fail soon after purchase but after reflash no problems what so ever.

What message does it show up when starting? What ROM version?

larryb1963

I had same problum with my augen ego wouldnt boot past the splash screen. reflashed it with cnmbook and it works better than augen flash.

Oto

Master
Master
Is there a augen flash?

timothy kavuma

how do you reflash? because i have tried formatting nand disk but nothing happens

Oto

Master
Master
I updated the link in first post. You need straight USB cable and then bridge jumper using small scissors, wire or tweezers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum